Neeru Dosa/Neer Dose Recipe
Neeru Dosa Ingredients
- Fresh grated Coconut- 3/4 cup
- Jaggery- 1/2 cup
- Cardamom- 1
- Soak rice for 3 to 4 hours. If you intend to prepare neeru dosa for breakfast you can soak it overnight.
- Wash the soaked rice and grind it finely along with grated coconut and salt, adding water in steps. Batter should be of running consistency. So add additional water if required to get the right consistency as shown in below image.
- Heat the dosa griddle/skillet. Grease it with oil using coconut coir. The iron skillet is best suited for neeru dosa. If you prepare it using non stick griddle the dosa will be rubbery.
- Once the griddle is heated, turn the flame to medium. Pour neeru dosa batter on to griddle using ladle at 2 inch height. Unlike other dosas, you cannot spread the batter on skillet, you just have to pour the batter as a thin layer so that it covers the entire griddle. Plenty of small holes appear in dosa as shown below.
- Close the lid and let it cook for few minutes. The edges of neer dosa will start leaving the surface, do not flip and cook the other side. Fold it in half and arrange it in hot box.
- After each dosa it is necessary to spread enough oil using coconut coir, otherwise the dosa will stick to griddle.
- Repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Neeru dosa can be served with grated coconut and jaggery mixture. Mix fresh grated coconut, powdered jaggery and cardamom powder for this. It is the best side dish for neeru dosa.
- You can also serve neeru dose with coconut chutney or sambar or pickle or banana/mango rasayana.
- Fresh coconut must be added in generous to get smooth neeru dose. Otherwise the dosa will be crispy.
- Greasing oil to the skillet each time is must.
If you like this post, kindly consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.
Meet you all with one more interesting Udupi recipe till then bye. Take care.