Mango Rasayana/Mavina Hannina Rasayana Recipe
Mango season is back....My kids love mango like anything. In Udupi Mango rasayana is one of the desserts that is served in almost all feasts of summer. It can also be enjoyed as accompaniment with neeru dosa or akki shavige. Here in UAE mangoes are available from february to october. So we all enjoy this mango rasayana almost through out the year. Let me brief you this mango rasayana recipe.
- Big ripe mangoes- 3 no.
- Sugar - 3/4 to 1 bowl.
- Salt- A pinch
- Fresh grated coconut- 2 to 3 fistful
- Cardamom- 2 to 3 no.
- Grind grated coconut along with cardamoms finely in mixer grinder adding a cup of water. Pour it on to strainer and extract thick coconut milk approximately equivalent to a cup.
- Squeeze mango pulp with your hands in to a vessel. Add some water to squeezed mango peels and squeeze out completely the pulp from it.
- Now add this squeezed pulp to mixer/blender and pulse it for a while.
- Now add extracted coconut milk, sugar and salt. Mix it well.
- Based on the sweetness of mango the sugar to be added to mango rasayana varies. So adjust accordingly.
- Adjust consistency of mango rasayana by amount of coconut milk that you are adding.
- You can serve it chilled by adding some ice cubes.
- Salt is added just to give taste. So a pinch is enough.
If you like this post, kindly consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook. Meet you all with one more interesting Udupi recipe. Till then bye.