Beans Palya Recipe-Prepare Beans Palya in Udupi Style
Palya/Stir fry of any vegetable is very healthy food. As per doctor every day it is recommended to eat 3 varieties of palyas like vegetable, sprouted legume and greens palya. I try to prepare at least one variety of stir-fry every day. These palyas are good accompaniment with rice and tomato saaru combo. Today it is beans palya in udupi style. Trust me you will definitely love this.
- Fresh Beans- 250 grams
- Fresh grated coconut- 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds/Jeera- 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilly(byadagi)- 1 or 2
- Jaggery - 1 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tbsp or to taste
- Turmeric powder - A pinch
Ingredients for seasoning
Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
Urad dal- 1/2 tbsp
Curry leaves- Few
Oil- 2 tbsp
3 to 4 adults
Wash and string the beans. Chop them in to small pieces.
- Heat a pan/Kadai and add two tea spoon of coconut oil and all the seasoning ingredients like mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. Once mustard seeds splutter and urad dal changes color add chopped beans. Saute for a while.
- Now add jaggery, turmeric powder, salt and little water. Let it cook. Keep stirring in between to get them cooked evenly.
- Meanwhile grind grated coconut, red chilly and cumin seeds coarsely without adding water. This is masala for beans palya.
- Once the beans are well cooked, add the ground masala to it and mix well. Beans palya is ready to serve.
Yammy..... Serve this palya with Rice and udupi rasam combo.
If you like this post, kindly consider linking to it or sharing it with others or like us on Facebook.
Meet you all with one more interesting Udupi recipe. Till then bye.